Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Smells Like Fall

WOW! Has it been forever since I last blogged. Sorry about this. Lets just say that things got a little crazy around here. But, who doesn't love a change in scenery. Speaking of...Has anyone noticed that it is starting to feel like fall. I always love this time of year and always love decorating for this time of year.

It is wayyy to early (In my eyes) to decorate for Halloween. I bet some of you agree and are wondering how to decorate for that in-between time. Am I right? If so, here are some simple tips to make your home feel "fall like" and cozy.

1. Get some fall scented candles. My favorite are the ones from White Barn Candle Co. (you know...Bath and Body Works) or Yankee. If you want to go the less expensive route pop on over to your local grocery store.
-Favorite fall scents = Pumpkin, spice, leaves and hot apple cinnamon.

2. Buy a festive wreath with berries and leaves. This is one that you can leave up until Thanksgiving rolls around.

3. Purchase or make some festive decorations. I like hanging leaves and berries on my mantel. Or creating a hand made design to place over a mirror or one that goes around a candle holder.

4. Break out the fall rug, placemats, some gourds and wooden pumpkins. (Who said pumpkins can only be out for Halloween)

Try these fun little decorating tips and I am guarantee your home will be your sanctuary after a long day at work!

We have cute Halloween and Thanksgiving placemats at Mypersonalizedprint.com too. Stop on by to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment